Infra created ASF-Pelican as a structure and template for projects to use to build their websites, and for the ASF's own website. The template is available at github.com/apache/template-site.
Review the following information to simplify your work with, and get your best results from, the template:
See the getting-started guide.
For site designers
For site developers
- Data modeling provides what developers need to know to maintain and expand on the data they want to use and display on their site.
- Build process describes the full end-to-end build from the developer's perspecitve.
- Review the plugins that are included in the template repository, and the plugin architecture.
For site committers
- The template uses GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM) to structure content. It also supports most HTML elements.
- How to develop your site using local builds on a local Linux or macOS system.