What can the ASF Buildbot do for your project?
Posted on: 2009-11-09 13:01:12+00:00
The below information has just been published to the main ASF Buildbot URI ci.apache.org/buildbot.html.
A summary of just some of the things the ASF Buildbot can do for your project:
- Perform per commit build & test runs for your project
- Not just svn! - Buildbot can pull in from your Git/Mercurial branches too!
- Build and Deploy your website to a staging area for review
- Build and Deploy your website to mino (people) for syncing live
- Automatically Build and Deploy Snapshots to Nexus staging area.
- Create Nightly and historical zipped/tarred snapshot builds for download
- Builds can be triggered manually from within your own freenode #IRC Channel
- An IRCBot can report on success/failures of a build instantly
- Build Success/Failures can go to your dev/notification mailing list
- Perform multiple builds of an svn/git commit on multiple platforms asyncronously
- ASF Buildbot uses the latest RAT build to check for license header issues for all your files.
- RAT Reports are published live instantly to ci.apache.org/$project/rat-report.[txt|html]
- As indicated above, plain text or html versions of RAT reports are published.
- [Coming Soon] - RAT Reports sent to your dev list, only new failures will be listed.
- [Coming Soon] - Email a patch with inserted ASL 2.0 Headers into your failed files!!
- Currently Buildbot has Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04 and Windows Server 2008 Slaves
- [Coming Soon] - ASF Buildbot will soon have Solaris, FreeBSD 8 and Windows 7 Slaves
<p>Dont see a feature that you need? Join the <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org" title="Email Link to the builds subscribe list">builds.at.apache.org</a> mailing list and request it now, or file a <a href="http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA/component/12312782">Jira Ticket.</a></p> <p>Help is always on hand on the <a href="mailto:email@example.com">builds.at.apache.org</a> mailing list for any problems or build configuration issues/requests. Or try the #asftest channel on irc.freenode.net for live support.</p> <p>So now you want your project to use Buildbot? No problem, best way is to file a <a href="http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA/component/12312782">Jira Ticket.</a> and count to 10 (well maybe a bit longer but it wont be long before you are up and running).</p>