Writable Git repositories
Many Apache projects have moved to Git as their main source code repository since 2012. This option is available to any project, with the following policies in place:
- gitbox is the entry point for writable Git repositories. A list of those is available.
- To link your GitHub and Apache ID follow these instructions.
- Feel free to use gitbox or github as your upstream origin.
- Projects can request new, blank repositories through selfserve.
- Apache does not support custom commits or other hooks. All projects get the same hooks. Setting up gitpubsub should provide sufficient flexibility without impacting the core Git setup.